Helo, reders today I m going to explain about basic dye, Properties, basic dyes example, limitations and more….. I m writing all information in this article with my personal view. So read complete article.
Industrial knowledge basic dye
These dyes are windly used for synthetic textile materials. basically basic dyes are class of synthetic dyes. basic dyes is in soluble in water. This is a synthetic type class dyes. basic dyes are windly used for synthetic materials.basic dyes used in acidic condition. basic dyes is produced bright shade and produce high tinctorial values on textile materials specially on synthatic materials. basic dyes are windly used for dyeing and printing also. basic dyes have ability to print all types of design on textile materials. basic dyes have ability to dyeing for different textile materials such as wool, silk, acrylic. Fastness Properties of these dyes are avarage to good.
basic dyes are called cationic dyes because the chromophore in basic dye molecules contains a positive charge. Basic dyes are powerful colouring agent.
What is basic dyes
basic dyes is a synthetic type class dyes. generally, basic dyes is used in textile industry for dyeing of synthetic materials because synthetic materials has more affinity if you dyeing with basic dyes but cellulosic materials has not good affinity to basic dyes this the reason basic dye produce bright shade and high tinctorial values. basic dyes is insoluble in water but the Solubility of these dyes is very good in water, in the presence of glacial acetic acid. basic dyes are also called cationic dye. Dye molecules of basic dyes contains possitive charge. and basic dyes is a powerful colouring agent.
basic dye properties
• basic dye is a powerful colouring agent.
• basic dye is also called cationic dye because the chromophore in basic dye molecules contains a positive charge.
• basic dyes is produced bright shade.
• wool , silk and acrylic materials is possible to dyeing by basic dyes.
• basic dyes is synthatic class type dyes. basic dyes is windly used for synthetic materials.
• basic dyes is insoluble in water.
• basic dyes is soluble but in alcohol only.
• levelling Properties is poor of basic dyes.
• synthatic materials has good affinity for basic dyes but in case of sellulose materials such as cotton has no affinity.
• basic dyeing is comparatively cheap process. and it is a cheap in price.
• basic dyes is used in acidic condition.
• fastness properties of basic dyes are avarage to good.
• basic dyes is produced excellent shade.
• basic dyes is given good results on synthatic materials.
This article is also important
basic dyes examples
• Methylene blue
• basic red
• basic blue 9
• crystal violet
basic dyes list
• Victoria blue R 100%
• Basic brown G 100%
• malachite Green crystals 100%
• chrysoidine 100%
• Rhodamine 6 GDN 100%
• Rhodamine B extra
• magenta crystals 100%
• Auramine o concern 100%/120%
• Are basic dyes possitively charged?
basic dyes are called cationic dyes because the chromophore in basic dye molecules cantains a positive charge.and basic dyes molecules contains possitive chàrge and materials have nigative charge this is the reason dyeing is properly done. it is powerful colouring agent.
What is basic dyes and acid dyes discuss its importance.
Importance of basic dyes
• basic dyes have ability to dyed any type of fabric for example natural or synthetic materials and basically, basic dyes are synthetic class dyes. and basic dyes is produced poor light fastness on natural fabric but in case of synthetic materials it produces good light fastness.
• basic dyes are ideally dyeing such as wool, acrylic, and synthetic materials. basic dyes is giving overall good activity and good results for these types of materials.
• If basic dyes is used regularly with the help of hand dyeing it can cause health defects. Don’t use with hand dyeing because skin problems may be occur.
• basic dyes have not good light fastness then acid dyes.
Importance of acid dyes
• Acid dyes are more sutable for silk, wool and acrylic materials.
• In case of acid dyes PH maintain acidic to natural. these dyes are not able to dyeing for any cellulosic materials such as cotton beacuse basic dyes have no effinity for cotton materials compare with synthetic materials. hence, this dyes are not suitable for cellulosic materials.
• Acid dyes is windly used for silk type materials.
• Acid dyes are anionic in nature when the dissolve in water. it is highly soluble in water. and light fastness is better then basic dyes.
What is basic dyes and acid dyes
Acid dyes are highly soluble in water. and acid dyes have good affinity for wool and silk materials. In case of acid dyes PH will be 2 for acid levelling dyes and 4-5 for acid milling dyes. basic dyes are catonic in nature it means basic dye molecules contains +ve charge and so that is the reason basic dyes are easily react on materials this is provided -ve charge.
basic dyes limitation
• poor light fastness.
• shade value is not good.
• skin problems and health issues occur.
• not good affinity for sellulosic